Deleting the EGR and DPF from your truck is a simple process, and it is essential in reducing emissions such as the unburnt carbon and nitrogen oxide. But suppose you don’t wish to reduce emissions. In that case, you may consider increasing the mileage and the HP and, for example, increasing the HP to approximately 150 HP and mileage of approximately 5 MPG to increase the diesel engine’s performance.
The Duramax LMM is recommended for off-road only away from public places or roads due to the emissions such as carbon dioxide that pollute the environment. Each country, especially the US, has rules and regulations on operating such truck diesel engines and the most preferred places to avoid disturbing people in the surrounding. The article below describes how to delete and tune the DPF and the EGR systems from the Duramax engine.
Features of Duramax LMM DPF KIT
The Duramax LMM comes with several features that attract many truck owners and motivates them to purchase one of a kind. The features are as shown below.
1. Allows the truck driver to delete the exhaust gas recirculation and DPF and urea injection.
2. Has some setting adjustments, such as a speed limiter.
3. Speedometer recalibration for the tires, especially the medium size tires.
4. It has unique features such as enabling and disabling the factory. For instance, the kit has seat belt chimes and activates/deactivates the daytime running lights.
5. Has automatic safety back-down that is easily controlled by coolant temperatures and boost.
6. Gains HP when deleting the DPF and EGR.
7. It has safety features that are built-in, especially the gauges.
8. Supports HP ranging from 40 to 70 HP.
9. It comes with a single tune that allows the truck driver to remove the DPF and switch off the EGR, automatically protecting the codes and plugins from any faults.
Components of the Duramax LMM delete kit
1) Diesel particulate filter tuner
Before adding or removing any system in the Duramax LMM, ensure you have the required tuner that will enable you to carry out the whole process successfully. Tuners exist in many different forms depending on the manufacturers, and they perform many functions. Functions of the tuner include; monitors the amount of fuel being consumed, monitoring horsepower, and monitoring the towing modes.
Despite all the tuners performing the same functions, only a few tuners can unlock the truck for real power and the reliability of removing or adding the truck systems such as the diesel particulate filtrate and the exhaust gas recirculation system. Among all the delete kits, the Duramax LMM is the best since it can perform all functions above, including adding and deleting some parts such as the exhaust.
The best Duramax LMM tuner kit for deleting DPF
- Duramax H&S mini Maxx DPF delete race tuner
The tuner is the latest invention of the race tuners with all features desired by the truck owners, thus increasing the market demands. The race tuners have several features that are shown below.
i. Have high performance when compared to other tuners.
ii. They are more flexible, especially when tuning the trucks.
iii. They monitor the crucial details of the engine statics at a glance.
iv. It has a very high-resolution screen that enables the truck drivers to see all the parameters one at a time. Also, the color gives a clear glance to the truck drivers.
v. Has speed limiter adjustments. For a 6.6L LMM Duramax, the speed limiter ranges from 98 Mph and is easily adjustable during the installation process from 49 mph to 98 mph.
Installing the race tuner in Duramax diesel LMM 2007-2010
Installing the tuner in the Duramax LMM requires fewer tools, and the block-off system is usually switched on. To increase the model’s lifespan, it is essential to use a block-off kit to clean the diesel engine frequently. When deleting the emissions, such as unburnt carbon, remove and unplug all sensors from the wiring harness. Finally, seal all leaks present in the connectors to prevent the accumulation of dirt and water intrusion.
Most users prefer deleting the DPF filter and the CCR after successfully installing the tuner. The tuner brings the truck back to its correct functioning. Also, the EGR system is completely deleted during the installation with the shutting off of all the valves present.
2) Diesel particulate filtrate deletes the pipe
An exhaust pipe may be used in place of the filter. The pipe is usually positioned at the back of the downpipe back. It allows the truck driver to use the recommended tuner to remove the system permanently without any challenges.
The best DPF delete exhaust pipe
The pipe is commonly used in the Duramax LMM 2007-2010 6.6L. The exhaust pipe comes with many features that are shown below.
1) The only place to use the pipe is during the race.
2) The 16-gauge is made of aluminum and steel. The materials increase their strength and can last longer. Also, the aluminum protects the pipe from any rust.
3) Comes with a single-side exhaust kit.
Therefore, if you don’t has any filter, consider using the exhaust pipe if available. Also, ensure you handle and connect the pipe according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
3) Exhaust gas recirculation delete kit
The EGR delete kits exist in many forms and vary from each other depending on the manufacturer. The kit performs many functions, such as deleting some functions. The best EGR delete kit is the Exhaust Gas Re-circulation cooler delete kit.
- Exhaust Gas Re-circulation cooler delete kit.
The cooler comes with all parts necessary to carry out the deleting and adding process successfully. Cooler delete kit performs many functions such as;
i. Upgrades the systems to the latest version, increasing their efficiency. For instance, it upgrades the intake elbow tube to clean the diesel engine bay.
ii. Allows the fluid to flow smoothly in the diesel engine bay.
iii. It increases the lifespan of the diesel engine bay and also increases its functioning.
Annual mpg for Duramax LMM delete kit
The total mpg for the trucks varies depending on the model of the truck. For instance, a 2020 Chevy Silverado containing the 3.0l Duramax LMM has an mpg of approximately 33 when running on the high. When running in the city, it has an mpg of approximately 23 mpg.
Getting the best mpg that has a Duramax LMM
Economizing the fuel used for running your truck is easy instead of buying new diesel each time, increasing the fuel costs. It is possible to upgrade the Duramax engine truck to improve its performance and reduce fuel costs. There are several tips one can follow to get extra mpg for the truck. The tips include;
- Avoid leaving the truck idle for a long time, especially when not in use. Leaving the idle truck uses a lot of fuel, and the gas is wasted.
- Run the truck slows since driving faster results in the truck consuming a lot of fuel and avoiding being heavy on the fuel or the gas.
- Monitor the tire pressure, especially when running the truck. If the tire pressure falls below the recommended one, there is an increase in fuel usage, increasing the costs for refilling fuel.
- Ensure you service and maintain the Duramax frequently to prolong its lifespan. If the Duramax LMM parts fail to function, as usual, they result in a drop in fuel usage, especially if not examined and resolved immediately.
Frequently asked questions:
- How can I find my current mpg in my Duramax LMM?
Mpg in each truck with Duramax LMM vary depending on the rate at which it is running and its state. Most truck drivers wish to know the mpg present in their truck before increasing or reducing it to the desired level. The following steps describe how to check the current mpg.
1. First, locate the truck fill-ups and record both of them.
2. Allow fuel to flow into the main tank until it is complete.
3. Check the master odometer, and then read the mileage recorded after resetting the trip odometer.
4. Start the truck and run it for some time until the tank becomes at least half.
5. Repeat the refilling process but ensure the fuel does not overflow. Fill the fuel to the recommended level.
6. Again record the mileage measurements together with the fuel used to refill the tank.
7. Make recordings on the miles driven when the tank was full and after refilling the tank again.
8. Calculate the truck’s mpg by diving the miles driven by the amount of fuel used to refill the truck tank. For instance, if you recorded 150 miles and refilled the tank with 8.0 gallons of fuel, then the mpg is 18.75 mpg.
After getting the current mpg, you may use the following ways to increase the Duramax LMM mpg.
- Delete and tune the diesel engine truck.
- Using direct current and not AC.
- Removing the old fuel filter and installing a new one.
- Deleting the tailgate.
- Upgrading the truck components such as the air intake.
- Installing a bed cover to increase the mpg.
When looking for the best tuner for your Duramax LMM, whether cheapest or the most expensive, use the information provided in the article above to obtain the best results. Also, if you wish to know the current mileage of the Duramax LMM, the information above provides steps to calculate the mileage.
Finally, the article also says that the best mpg comes with the Duramax LMM DPF delete kit and the maintenance guidelines of how to increase its lifespan. In conclusion, remember to take care of your Duramax LMM according to the manufacturer’s manual guide.