A Cummins diesel engine is known worldwide as a superior truck engine because it has the horsepower and torque needed to tow a heavy load. This engine can overheat, so moving the air filter outside of the engine compartment can cool the air and protect it from combustion.
The most well-known benefit of a cold air intake system is that it can boost horsepower in your vehicle. But, before you go out and buy them, you should know which one is the best. Let’s go through the list and see which one you think is best.
So, let’s start with the question- What need to know before buying a cold air intake for Cummins engine?
Choose the appropriate size for your truck so that it can fit easily and without causing any problems. Choose a product that comes with detailed installation instructions.
Another consideration is the style or type of cold air intake. Our recommendation is to go with Cold Air intake if you want to maximize performance.
It is not good to purchase lower-quality air box options that will not provide you with good performance for an extended period. As a result, it is a good idea to buy a high-quality product with a large sum of money at once.
Now, this is just the beginning-
|Product name||Specification||Check them out on|
|Spectre Performance Air Intake Kit|
|K&N Cold Air Intake Kit|
|aFe Power Magnum FORCE 51-11342-1|
|aFe Power Magnum FORCE 54-32412|
|K&N Cold Air Intake Kit: 6.7L V6 Diesel,63-1568|
1. Spectre Performance Air Intake Kit
Spectre air intake systems are designed to increase your vehicle’s horsepower and torque. They are available with a high flow filter to improve airflow and performance. They are easily washable, reusable, and have a black powder-coated heat shield to help prevent heat from the engine. All necessary kits, such as rubber boots, velocity stacks, and stainless steel clamps, are available.
- It is simple to set up.
- It includes an advanced oiled synthetic filter.
- It can travel up to 100,000 miles without needing to be serviced.
- Excellent polished aluminum tube.
- The stock MAF sensor is compatible with the supplied adapter ring.
- A Spectre reusable air filter is included.
The things that might be bothering you: The heat shield / conical mount does not fit tightly against the chassis, resulting in significant gaps.
2. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit
K&N is the industry leader in high-quality performance cold air intake systems for cars and trucks. This cold air intake improves throttle response while also shielding your engine from harmful contaminants like dust and debris.
The oversized air filter is required to remove all dirt after 100,000 miles of travel. This air intake can be installed by yourself using a screwdriver, pliers, and a ratchet-set.
- When towing, this improves acceleration.
- There is no need to clean the filter for up to 100,000 miles.
- Enhances engine noise and throttle response.
- A 10-Year/Million Mile Limited Warranty is included.
- Provides 50% more airflow than the factory box air filter.
- K&N air intake systems are one of the simplest ways to increase horsepower.
The things that might be bothering you: K&N filters use an oiled filtering element. That oil can accumulate over time, causing fouling or sensor errors that require cleaning.
3. aFe Power Magnum FORCE 51-11342-1
The aFe Power Magnum cold air intake is exceptionally well-made. This air intake system generates 14 maximum horsepower and 27 pounds-feet of torque. They have an exceptional fuel efficiency rate for their kit and work flawlessly with 5.9 and 6.7 Cummins engines.
For maximum performance, a heat-insulating molded plastic tube increased airflow while improving volumetric efficiency. You can easily install this air intake on your own.
- Washable synthetic media for improved protection and performance.
- Intake airflow from the factory can reach up to 105 percent.
- Provides exceptional horsepower and torque.
- It has a three-layer dry media.
- Acceleration and throttle response is excellent.
- Improved fuel efficiency.
- Installation is less complicated.
- Installing takes only 30 minutes.
- A powder-coated one-piece heat shield and a 3-angle adaptor are included.
The things that might be bothering you: The intake tube is kept close to the oil filter.
4. aFe Power Magnum FORCE 54-32412
This air intake system is highly engineered and will provide numerous benefits to your truck’s engine. To keep the air intake charge excellent and dense, a one-piece powder-coated steel heatshield is used.
The tube is also designed to maximize volumetric efficiency and performance while lowering Intake Air. The good news is that it will improve your engine’s fuel economy and torque. If you purchase this product, you will receive maximum air filtration benefits.
- Enhances the sound of the turbo.
- Increases throttle response.
- Miles per gallon will increase.
- It will take less than an hour to complete the installation.
- A limited lifetime warranty is included.
- One-piece powder-coated heat shield and intake tube.
- Installation is simple.
The things that might be bothering you: This air intake will have no measurable impact on available power.
5. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit: 6.7L V6 Diesel,63-1568
The K&N High-Flow Performance Air Intake is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system for trucks and SUVs. K&N air intake systems are engineered to improve acceleration, towing, and throttle response while also protecting your engine.
A high-flow air filter and a heat shield that installs into the original air box space are available. K&N engineers built this product using existing factory holes and mounting points, making installation simple.
- Installation is simple, usually taking 90 minutes or less.
- The entire factory air intake system is replaced.
- Filters are both washable and reusable.
- It can travel up to 100,000 miles before it needs to be serviced.
- Increase the flow rate.
- This is a sure-fire way to boost horsepower.
- Specifically designed to improve throttle response and engine sound.
- Include a heat shield and a chrome-topped K&N high-flow air filter.
The things that might be bothering you: You must always check for the correct hardware and installation instructions or experience fitting issues.
FAQs About Cold Air Intake:
- Question: How much horsepower does a cold air intake add to a Cummins?
Answer: Cold air is more conductive than warm air, allowing your vehicle to burn fuel more efficiently. Installing a cold air intake can add anywhere from 5 to 12 HP, depending on your vehicle’s configuration.
- Question: How much power can you get out of a 6.7 Cummins?
Answer: The new high-output engine produces 420 horsepower and 1,075 pound-feet of best-in-class torque. To provide adequate power for the RAM 2500 and 3500, HP and torque have been increased to 370 hp and 850 lb-ft.
- Question: How many hours is a 6.7 Cummins good for?
Answer: With proper maintenance, the engines can last 20,000 hours or more. A Cummins with 5000 hours is nothing, and they can do a lot of idling in equipment.
- Question: Does cold weather affect diesel mpg?
Answer: It’s common knowledge that gas mileage drops in the winter, partly because the composition of winter gas is altered to make it more volatile and burn appropriately in cold weather conditions.
The benefits of increased cooler air include more power, better fuel economy, and increased engine maximum performance. So, go through the list to find the best cold air intake for 6.7 Cummins. We hope that this article has assisted you in selecting a product that will provide your engine with a breath of fresh air.